(for the week of Sunday, March 25, 2018)
- Pastor Steve Van Noort
- Children’s Procession
- Offering: General Fund
- Scripture: Luke 19:28–40
- Message: “The King on a Donkey”
- Service of Prayer and Praise
- Offering: Back to God Ministries International
- Today, Palm Sunday, the children will sing.
- On Good Friday, March 30, our service will be at 7:00 PM. We will celebrate communion. The bread is gluten-free.
- On Easter Sunday, April 1, the evening service will be at Sumas CRC, a combined service with other local CRCs. An opportunity to worship Jesus the risen Savior in unity with our sister churches is planned for 6:00PM on Resurrection Day. Join us at Sumas CRC for a joyful celebration of the resurrection with Word, worship, united prayer and a time of fellowship. An offering will be received for Child Evangelism Fellowship of Whatcom County, to equip those who labor to preach the gospel in local public schools, including the ministry of Sumas CRC at the Sumas Elementary.
- On April 1 and April 8, there will be no Sunday school.
- On April 8 at 6:00 PM, our evening service will be at Second CRC, who is hosting the Ripon Christian KnightSounds high school choir from California.
NEWSLETTER: A newsletter from Evy Smith (Resonate Global Mission) went out on the Prayer Chain. If you would like a paper copy, please pick one up from the Welcome Table in the Narthex, under the bulletin board of prayer newsletters.
BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKS: Free blood pressure checks will be available in the Fireside Room today after the morning service.
VACATION: Pastor Steve will be gone April 2-15. The first week he will be on vacation, and the second week he will attend a conference for professional development. Please feel free to contact the elders for pastoral needs during this time: Ed Ball, Dennis Bosman, Jeff DeJong, Keith Korthuis, Mark Tennant, Alvin Vos, and Vic Wolffis.
TUESDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY: Tuesday Morning Ladies Bible Study will not meet on April 3 (during spring break). (We will meet this week and then not until April 10.) Remember to deliver your dinner items for New Way to Joan VH before 4:45 this Tuesday, March 27.
OFFICE HOURS: On Friday, 3/30, and Wednesday, 4/4, the office will be open 7:30-10:00.
ROCK THE BLOCK: We need you to help us this summer! Please fill out the flyer and return it to the basket in the library. Extra copies are on the library table.
CADETS: We will have our Bowling Night on April 2. We will leave First CRC promptly at 6:30 PM and return between 8:30 and 8:40 PM. Please have your Cadets wear their uniform as this is an outing and we represent the cadet club. Do not send any money for food or games with your cadet. We are looking for one or two more drivers. Please contact Brian if you are able to drive.
HELP WITH FUNERALS: The Hospitality Committee needs a co-coordinator with Donna Steiger to help with funeral fellowship time. We are also in need of a scheduler – someone to contact ladies to help out each time. If you can help in either capacity, please contact Mary Kok.